杞人忧天 qǐ rén yōu tiān
杞人忧天的意思和解释:
杞:周代诸侯国名,在今河南杞县一带。杞国有个人怕天塌下来。比喻不必要的或缺乏根据的忧虑和担心。杞人忧天的出处
《列子·天瑞》:“杞国有人,忧天地崩坠,身亡所寄,废寝食者。”杞人忧天的例子
~,伯虑愁眼。(清·李汝珍《镜花缘》第二十七回)杞人忧天造句
天垮正好抓云雀;不能杞人忧天。
If the sky fwhichles, we shwhichle grab larks.
天垮了正好抓云雀;不要杞人忧天。
If the sky falls, we shall catch larks.
船到桥头自然直;勿杞人忧天。
Never cross your bridges till you come to them.
船到桥头自然直(不要杞人忧天)。
Let's cross the bridge when we come to it.
不要在半途迎接麻烦(勿杞人忧天)。
Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
不要这样杞人忧天,一切都会变好的。
Don't be a worrywart. Everything will be fine.
我们常常过多地自寻烦恼,杞人忧天。
We too often borrow trouble, and anticipate that may geer appear.
我们常常过多地自寻烦恼,杞人忧天。
We too often borrow trouble, and anticipate that may never appear.
杞人忧天的房地产市场?!
Over the real estate market? !
天塌下来刚好抓云雀。/何必杞人忧天。
If the sky falls, we shall catch the lark.
这种担心并非杞人忧天。
Such fears are not over-blown.
有些担忧也是杞人忧天。
Some of the gloom is also premature.
杰夫:但愿是杞人忧天。
Jeff: I hope that it is an unwarranted anxiety.
这是不是意味着所有的警告都只是杞人忧天呢?
Does this mean that all the warnings were misplaced?
回避型依附的人们害怕亲昵行为,总是杞人忧天。
"Avoidant attachment" people are afraid of emotional intimacy and often say a lot of bad things about it.
好吧,大家都是同一战线的,我就不杞人忧天了。
I'm at a place right now in my career, I couldn't ask for anything better, ' said Pierce.
我表弟什么都怕,甚至杞人忧天到连自己的影子都怕。
My cousin is afraid of everything; he is even afraid of his own shadow.
即使那些杞人忧天者也不知道经济危机的结果会有多坏。
And even worrywarts who felt something was amiss had no idea of how bad the consequences would be.
如果回到2003年,这一切听起来可能有些杞人忧天。
Back in 2003 that might have all sounded a bit alarmist.
两种担忧可能杞人忧天的举动,但枪支商店仍旧供不应求。
Neither fear is likely to prove founded, but gun stores are still running out of ammunition.
我的担心并不是杞人忧天,因为我能在心里真切感受到,我正在一点点被吸过去。
My fear is not unnecessary because I can feel in my heart that I am gradually drawn to it.
与其杞人忧天,备受熬煎,还不如让自己忙碌起来,创造出任何事情都无法改变的恒久价值。
Instead of agonizing over what might or might not happen, get busy creating value that will be there no matter what happens.
后来人们根据这个故事引申出“杞人忧天”这句成语,现在用来比喻不必要或无根据的忧虑和担心。
Thus the idiom "Like the man from Qi who feared that the sky might fall" means to hold a needless or groundless fear or worry.
在世界和奥巴马政府进入2010年之际,对阿富汗战争的棘手之处表示担忧,并非愚蠢或杞人忧天。
As the world and the Obama administration move into 2010, it is not foolish or alarmist to express concern about the intractability of the Afghan ulcer.
我的堂兄弟经常杞人忧天,从来没有好好度过假,因为他总在想象,他脱手工作后可能出什么大问题。
EXAMPLE: My cousin is a worrywart who never enjoys vacations because he's always imagining possible disasters that may occur while he's away from his job.
我信奉活在现在,因为沉溺于过去于事无补,杞人忧天等于自寻烦恼,错过眼皮底下我所能把握的唯一现实则是错上加错。
I believe in living in the present because it is futile to dwell on the past, to worry about the future, or to miss anything in the only reality I know.
我认为大家无须杞人忧天。2000年只不过是某一种人造的历法中岁月的延续而已。看看那经受过时间考验的各大宗教吧。
I feel that we shouldn't worry u ece arily. The Year 2000 is a continuation of a man-made calendar. Look at the major religion which have stood the test of time.
假设食品和能源价格的涨势不断减缓、甚至出现价格下滑,于是专家们得出了如下结论:公众对中国通货膨胀可能会进一步扩大的担心有些杞人忧天了。
Under the presumption that these sources of inflation are likely to taper off -- if not reverse -- the experts concluded that fears over a more widespread Chinese inflation were overblown.
那次与费布尔谈话后,总有些琐琐碎碎的事儿,一直困扰着他,使他有种莫名的担忧。如今集中精力做这种想法,比起那种杞人忧天来无疑要让人开心多了。
He round the thought infinitely more enjoyable to focus on that the niggling fear ②that had been troubling him ③since his conversation with Fisher.
当然,倘若投资者一觉醒来发现政府从花旗撤了,从此心头再也不必萦绕着政治干预将伤害花旗的无端恐惧了(至少目前为止这种恐惧还是杞人忧天),那么也算的上是好事一桩。
Sure, it would be nice for shareholders to wake up and find the government gone, removing fears, hitherto unfounded, that the bank will be subject to value-destroying political interference.
杞人忧天造句相关